Preparing for NRS July 1, 2012 Reporting Changes
State directors, adult education stakeholders, and Office of Vocational and Adult Education (OVAE) staff met in August 2010 to discuss proposed changes to the National Reporting System (NRS). Using participant input from the meeting and the field, OVAE decided to make changes related to reporting of the follow-up measures and to add new measures. This session will review the changes: automatic cohort designation for follow up measures, reporting periods, sampling guidelines, and the new measures.
Topics covered will include:
- Automatic cohort designations and definitions
- Unemployed, not in the labor force
- Entered employment
- Retained employment
- Obtain a secondary credential
- Entry into postsecondary education/training
- What is the sampling option?
- New measures
- Reporting procedures
- What revisions should you be aware of
- What has remained the same
- How to determine follow-up outcome timing
- The impact of these changes on your program