- Employee Selection
- Cognitive Ability Tests
- Personality & Integrity Tests
- Knowledge & Skills Tests
- Quality Care Inventory (QCI)
- Entry-Level Accounting Skills Assessment
- Wonderlic Basic Skills Test (WBST)
- Wonderlic Basic Skills Test - Non-Proctored (WBST-NP)
- Wonderlic Advanced Skills Test (WAST-NP)
- Wonderlic Interactive Skills Evaluation (WISE)
- Automated Essay Scoring
- Hay Aptitude Test Battery
- Prescreen & Interview Questions
- Automated Reference Check
- Employee Engagement Survey
- Student Assessment
- General Admissions
- Basic & Advanced Skills
- Adult & Youth Basic Education Programs
- Course Placement
- Course & Program Mastery Assessments
- Stakeholder Satisfaction Surveys
- Job Placement Assessments
While drawing blood is a common procedure in the healthcare environment, many patients experience anxiety around the use of needles and the sight of blood. A quality phlebotomist can minimize that anxiety by performing patient procedures smoothly and with precision; and by comforting the patient with good interpersonal skills.
Wonderlic’s Phlebotomist Assessment helps you identify and hire the most qualified and job-ready Phlebotomy job applicants by measuring the test-taker’s ability to perform the tasks associated with this role, including: clearly explaining the procedure to patients, drawing blood from veins or arteries for tests, transfusions, donations or research, assisting in the recovery of patients with adverse reactions, and collecting other types of fluid and tissue samples. The test also addresses proper techniques for handling, labeling and storage of the various specimen types collected and transportation of specimens from the collection site to the lab or appropriate destination.
Recommended Competency Modules
The Quality Care Inventory (QCI) Phlebotomist Assessment covers the following position-specific competency modules:
- Medical Terminology for Phlebotomy
- Anatomy and Physiology for Phlebotomy
- Medical Law and Ethics
- Transfer devices and labeling tubes
- Capillary punctures and glucose testing
- Pediatric and geriatric venipuncture
- ABG collection and the Allen test
- Urine Collection
- Fecal Specimens
- Other body fluid collection
Tailor assessments for your practice
While the Phlebotomist Assessment includes a core set of recommended competency modules that are common to this job title, we recognize that each practice is unique and may have its own expectations about the responsibilities assigned to this role. Therefore, competency modules can be added or removed to tailor the assessment for your practice’s specific hiring and/or training needs.
About the QCI
Whether your practice is hiring to fill open allied health positions or exploring training and development opportunities for existing employees, ensuring that every member of your staff can perform their jobs at a high level is the key to realizing your practice’s productivity potential.
Wonderlic’s Quality Care Inventory (QCI) is a suite of interactive assessments that measure job specific knowledge and skills for a variety of allied health roles. Using the QCI to help identify and develop your team is a smart investment that will help you in your ongoing efforts to increase:
- Patient Satisfaction—Quality service along with reduced errors and wait times instill confidence, which drives patient retention, referrals, growth and pay-for-performance carrier reimbursements.
- Revenue and Reimbursements—More effective hiring and training efforts result in increased patient volume and decreased billing and coding errors as well as reimbursement cycle times.
- Legal Defensibility—Hiring decisions that include valid, objective, professionally developed assessment results significantly increase their legal defensibility.
- Profitability—When you have the ability to identify and hire top talent quickly and efficiently, and to reduce training times by pinpointing specific areas of need, you can build a team capable of driving profitability, even in today’s challenging healthcare environment.
Assessment Question Types
- Realistic live scenarios featuring audio, illustrations and video
- Matching terms and definitions using drag and drop functionality
- Fill in the blank
- Labeling diagrams
- Sorting cards into categories
- Putting steps in sequence
- Completing forms
- Interpreting graphs