- Employee Selection
- Cognitive Ability Tests
- Personality & Integrity Tests
- Knowledge & Skills Tests
- Quality Care Inventory (QCI)
- Entry-Level Accounting Skills Assessment
- Wonderlic Basic Skills Test (WBST)
- Wonderlic Basic Skills Test - Non-Proctored (WBST-NP)
- Wonderlic Advanced Skills Test (WAST-NP)
- Wonderlic Interactive Skills Evaluation (WISE)
- Automated Essay Scoring
- Hay Aptitude Test Battery
- Prescreen & Interview Questions
- Automated Reference Check
- Employee Engagement Survey
- Student Assessment
- General Admissions
- Basic & Advanced Skills
- Adult & Youth Basic Education Programs
- Course Placement
- Course & Program Mastery Assessments
- Stakeholder Satisfaction Surveys
- Job Placement Assessments
In order to be effective, Patient Care Technicians (PCTs) must possess a unique and versatile set of clinical, non-clinical and interpersonal skills. PCTs must take direction from nursing staff and exhibit patience and compassion during frequent, personal, hands-on interactions with patients that require extensive assistance. The Patient Care Technician Module of Wonderlic’s Quality Care Inventory (QCI) includes multiple assessments designed to test and measure an individual’s proficiency in performing the required duties associated with specific PCT positions.
Patient Care Technician
Quality Patient Care Technicians are not easy to find, but they are a valuable asset to their employers and to the patients they serve. By simulating actual day-to-day duties, the Patient Care Technician Assessment measures the potential for a PCT or PCT job applicant to perform well in common tasks associated with the role, including: feeding, bathing, dressing, grooming, moving, transferring and transporting patients. The online test also covers phlebotomy and EKG knowledge and skills.
Patient Care Technician – Nursing Facility
Along with hands-on caregiving skills, like: feeding, bathing, dressing, grooming, changing linens and moving, transferring and transporting patients, Patient Care Technicians in a nursing facility must also act as phlebotomists and EKG Technicians. The online PCT Assessment simulates real world, day-to-day situations to test an individual’s knowledge, skills and ability to perform the required functions of a PCT effectively. Before hiring your next PCT, use this assessment to identify the most qualified and job-ready candidate.
Transporter/Orderly - Hospital
Because Transporters (aka Orderlies) are responsible for moving patients, and also for ensuring that rooms and equipment are sanitary, patient health and safety depend on these staff members being knowledgeable and thorough. The Hospital Transporter Assessment enables you to identify individuals with highest propensity to effectively perform common duties associated with this role, including: transporting patients and/or equipment to operating rooms, x-ray labs and other hospital areas using wheelchairs, stretchers and moveable beds. The assessment also tests for competencies in maintaining supplies, changing linens, sanitizing rooms, collecting hazardous waste and disinfecting and sterilizing equipment.
Recommended Competency Modules:
Tailor Assessments for Your Practice
While each assessment includes a core set of recommended competency modules that are common to particular position titles, we recognize that each practice is unique and may have its own expectations about the responsibilities assigned to a given role. Therefore, competency modules can be added or removed to tailor any assessment for your practice’s specific hiring and/or training needs.
About the QCI
Whether your practice is hiring to fill open allied health positions or exploring training and development opportunities for existing employees, ensuring that every member of your staff can perform their jobs at a high level is the key to realizing your practice’s productivity potential.
Wonderlic’s Quality Care Inventory (QCI) is a suite of interactive assessments that measure job specific knowledge and skills for a variety of allied health roles. Using the QCI to help identify and develop your team is a smart investment that will help you in your ongoing efforts to increase:
- Patient Satisfaction—Quality service along with reduced errors and wait times instill confidence, which drives patient retention, referrals, growth and pay-for-performance carrier reimbursements.
- Revenue and Reimbursements—More effective hiring and training efforts result in increased patient volume and decreased billing and coding errors as well as reimbursement cycle times.
- Legal Defensibility—Hiring decisions that include valid, objective, professionally developed assessment results significantly increase their legal defensibility.
- Profitability—When you have the ability to identify and hire top talent quickly and efficiently, and to reduce training times by pinpointing specific areas of need, you can build a team capable of driving profitability, even in today’s challenging healthcare environment.
Assessment Question Types
- Realistic scenarios featuring illustrations and audio
- Drag and drop terms and definitions matching
- Fill in the blank
- Labeling diagrams
- Sorting cards into categories
- Completing forms