Wonderlic Basic Skills Test - Ability-to-Benefit
The Wonderlic Basic Skills Test – Ability-to-Benefit is the most widely used ATB test on the market. Approved by the U.S. Department of Education for all ATB Title IV programs, the Wonderlic Basic Skills Test – Ability-to-Benefit is a fast and efficient way to evaluate incoming students for program eligibility.
The Wonderlic Basic Skills Test – Ability-to-Benefit quickly measures basic verbal and math skills in two separate 20-minute tests, with results as fast as 24 hours. In addition to the test materials, the ATB package includes certification of your preferred ATB Test Administrators, official practice tests, statistical reporting and online official and unofficial scoring.
Please Note: We will continue to offer the ATB program after July 1, 2012 for those schools using ATB testing to meet state and accreditation requirements. Should funding be reinstated in the future, all test results from testing sessions after July 1 will be admissable for Federal financial aid consideration. Students will not need to be retested.
Some key features of the Wonderlic Basic Skills Test – Ability-to-Benefit that support quicker and more effective decision-making:
Independent Test Administrator Certification
- Training, certification and annual recertification as required by the US Department of Education
No Technology Required
- Paper and pencil administration needs no technology to administer and score
- Includes step-by-step administration guide
- Answer sheets scored by Wonderlic, with official score reports available online in as fast as 24 hours, with a 48 hour guarantee*
- Unofficial score reports available in minutes via Wonderlic Online
Official Results Report
- Official ATB score report available online in your account, and sent to student
- One-page report indicates ATB status as “Eligible” or “Not Eligible”
- Scores are shown graphically in relation to minimum required scores
- Practice tests help students identify verbal and math skills to work on prior to taking the test
- Self-administered and scored
- Practice test results can help target tutoring activities
- May reduce test taker anxiety
Sophisticated Test Design
- Item Response Theory scoring uses a holistic view of the student’s response pattern to ensure integrity of the results
20-Minute Administration per Test
Wonderlic Online Test Administration, Scoring and Reporting Platform
- All data gathered through Wonderlic Online, including student information and test scores, as well as faxed scores, is stored securely in Wonderlic Online, where you can immediately access information and test results on any applicant in any stage of the enrollment process.
*1-2 business day turnaround from time of receipt of score sheets.