Wonderlic Writing Skills Evaluation
Good writing skills are vital in today’s world. The written word dominates the communications landscape, and finding out if a person’s writing ability is on par with your needs can be very time consuming.
Our Writing Skills Evaluation is a simple tool that scores – in seconds – the content, language, organization and mechanics of a writing sample. Use automatic essay scoring to screen job candidates, admit students to a program of study, or develop the skills of anyone needing to improve their writing.
Choose from two essay types:
- Persuasive Essay: Job skills necessary for success
- Informative Essay: Making the world a better place to live
Each essay is scored using IntelliMetric®, an award-winning artificial intelligence engine, which analyzes over 400 features based on thousands of writing samples. Scoring is consistent, enabling you to make sound, defensible organizational decisions. Both Content and Structure are scored.
- Sentence completeness
- Syntactic variety
- Sentence complexity
- Subject-verb agreement
- Word choice
- Single point of view
- Introduction and conclusion
- Coordination and subordination
- Logical structure and transitions
- Sequence of ideas
Each essay, along with structure and content scoring, is available online moments after the essay is submitted, and student or applicant selection is simplified through easy sorting and filtering features.
The Wonderlic Writing Skills Evaluation can be launched from any website, including popular job boards, your Careers page, or even a link in an email. This assessment fits seamlessly within your existing process to help you focus your time where its needed most.
Online Administration, Scoring and Results
- Can be taken anytime, anywhere
- Results are available in minutes
- Quickly sort, filter and compare test takers with just a few mouse clicks
- Applicant progression through your hiring or student admissions process can be easily tracked
Standardized, Legally Defensible Process
- All candidates respond to the same prompts
- Results are presented in a consistent format
- Fully customized prompts and scoring algorithms are available
- Administration Method: Online
- Browser Compatibility:
- MS Internet Explorer versions 8 and 9
- Safari versions 4 and 5
- Firefox – latest version
- Chrome – latest version
- Number of Questions: 1
- Time Limit: None
- Proctored or Unproctored: Both
- Requires Internet Access: Yes